Boomerang Part Time Coordinator position (scroll down):
Thanks for your interest in the Part Time Coordinator position, which is a fully remote position. The coordinator is expected to schedule rides from our clients by assigning a driver to each ride, and manage the ride to ensure completion. We expect the coordinator to be highly motivated and comfortable using technology.
We are looking for a coordinator that will work Tuesday – Thursday 10:00am – 6:30pm ET with a set 30 minute meal break. In addition the Part Time Coordinator will be expected to pick up shifts for other employees who are taking PTO (paid time off). Our business hours are Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 10:30 PM, Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, and Sunday 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM. You will not be expected to accept every shift, but we want you to have flexibility in your schedule to accept as many as possible. As a 7 day a week business that includes weekend requests as well, but most requests will be during weekdays. Most weeks will be 24 – 40 hours of work, and you will be entitled to the same perks as a full time employee from day 1.
This is a fast paced environment and a demanding position. A good analogy is to think about working retail the day after Christmas or being a bartender on Superbowl Sunday, except every day. This can be an exciting opportunity for the right person. Please only apply if you are ready for that kind of a challenge.
It is also important that you have the ability to be self motivated, easy to talk to, and comfortable being on the phone a lot. You will need to interface with clients and drivers, negotiate rates, and stay organized. It is vital that you are highly detail oriented as there is little to no margin for error in this business.
- Work remotely and have a dedicated office space.
- Use your own equipment: computer, cell phone, internet, headphones or headset.
- Computer must be fairly new, fast, & running Windows or Mac operating system. Chromebooks will not work for this position. Having a second screen / monitor is a plus.
- Must have a smartphone on the iOS or Android operating system
- Phone plan must include personal hotspot as a backup if wifi goes out
- Must be a power user of Google Sheets
- Proficient using Gmail (must be current Gmail user) and experience with entire Google Apps suite (Sheets, Maps, Docs, Drive, Calendar, etc.)
- High level of attention to detail
- Must have 4 year college degree
- Previous logistics experience is a plus
- Bilingual speakers (Spanish) are highly desired
Part of the interview process is a trial period where you will interview driver applicants over the phone. This step can be completed as quickly as in 1 week. This part of the interview process is paid is at $15/ hour with performance expectations in place.
- The coordinator position is paid $15/ hour on a W2.
- Paid holidays include Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
- Paid vacation starts after the first full year
- Gym & cell phone reimbursement start right away
- Paid maternity leave after the first full year
- Achievement bonuses
The onboarding process will include (but is not limited to):
- 1st round interview (Over the phone driver interviewer)
- 2nd round interview (Skills assessment)
- 1 hour ride along to see a day in the life
- Job offer
- Coordinator training
- Full role
If interested please send a detailed response talking to your experience and why you feel you are a good fit and include a resume. Do not call or use the email link above, respond ONLY by filling out the application below. Thanks!