Boomerang Coordinator Position:
Thanks for your interest in the coordinator position. The coordinator is expected to schedule rides from our clients, assign a driver to each ride, and manage the ride to ensure completion. We expect the coordinator to be highly motivated and comfortable using technology.
We are looking for a coordinator that will work from 9:00am – 5:30pm ET M-F with a set 30 minute meal break. As a small business we cover for each other when we need time off so you should be willing to work the occasional evening or weekend as well. Covering for others is a core responsibility of this role and you will be expected to be take most of these requests when they arise. There will be an expectation of covering around 3 weekends per year that will be planned well in advance.
This is a fast paced environment and a demanding position. A good analogy is to think about working retail the day after Christmas or being a bartender on Superbowl Sunday, except every day. This can be an exciting opportunity for the right person. Please only apply if you are ready for that kind of a challenge.
It is also important that you have the ability to be self motivated, easy to talk to, and comfortable being on the phone a lot. You will need to interface with clients and drivers, negotiate rates, and stay organized. It is vital that you are highly detail oriented as there is little to no margin for error in this business.
- Work from home and have a dedicated office space.
- Use your own equipment: computer, cell phone, internet, headphones or headset.
- Computer must be fairly new, fast, & running the Windows or Mac operating system. Chromebooks will not work for this position. Having a second screen / monitor is a plus.
- Must have a smartphone on the iOS or Android operating system
- Phone plan must include personal hotspot as a backup if wifi goes out
- Must be a power user of Google Sheets
- Proficient using Gmail (must be current Gmail user) and experience with entire Google Apps suite (Sheets, Maps, Docs, Drive, Calendar, etc.)
- High level of attention to detail
- Must have 4 year college degree
- Previous logistics experience is a plus
- Bilingual speakers (Spanish) are highly desired
Part of the interview process is a trial period where you will interview driver applicants over the phone. This step can be completed as quickly as in 1 week. This part of the interview process is paid is at $15/ hour with performance expectations in place.
- The coordinator position is paid $15/ hour on a W2.
- Paid holidays include Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
- Paid vacation starts after the first full year
- Gym & cell phone reimbursement start right away
- Paid maternity leave after the first full year
- Achievement bonuses
The onboarding process will include (but is not limited to):
- 1st round interview (Over the phone driver interviewer)
- 2nd round interview (Skills assessment)
- 1 hour ride along to see a day in the life
- Job offer
- Coordinator training
- Full role
If interested please send a detailed response talking to your experience and why you feel you are a good fit and include a resume. Do not call or use the email link above, respond ONLY by filling out the application below. Thanks!